Thursday, October 30, 2008

The H Quilt Erika Made


The H Quilt Erika Made, Watercolor, 16 x 16

This piece was made in time to participate in Watercolor Wet n Wild's October Challenge, which was to paint a quilt. This quilt was made for me by my dear friend Erika Nelson, who, unbeknownst to me, worked secretly on it for years and years. She surprised me with it when I came to visit her in Arkansas exactly two years ago. It has graced my bed ever since, a wonderful reminder of our friendship and also that Erika is always full of surprises! Thank you Erika!


The H Quilt Erika Made, Detail

7 comments:

Art By Erika said...

You are welcome! I commented in DW. I have to be careful for some reason Yahoo sends email from your domain to my spam folder. What a beautiful portrait of both you and your H-quilt!

Carol Feldman said...

Really lovely watercolor.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Great work love it.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Beautiful work! Great self portrait and an amazing quilt painting. What a wonderful gift from a special friend.

Hillary Miller said...

Many thanks for your comments, Erika, Carol, Irit, Dori!

Scott said...

Nice Job Hillary! For years I wondered what that "H" thing was ... then one day there this immense amount of energy was put into the "H" project that continued non stop for weeks :-) Erika then told me what the Quilt was and that she had been making it for many years for you .. That was so cool to see her finish it ! I really like this water color you did! Bravo!

It is about time for you visit again :-)

-Scott

Hillary Miller said...

Haha, that's right you have your own personal experience with my fabulous quilt! I'm so glad you like the piece!

How about spring time? I recently told Erika I would love to come back, and now that I know you're on board with it..... :)