Tuesday, February 17, 2009

San Clemente Art Show

I was asked to be one of three jurors for San Clemente Art Association's Juried Exhibit. So on Saturday, I mosied on over and examined more than 140 entries.
Big job! Lots of quality entries, and every piece contained strengths. The gallery is run by volunteers like Pam Hill (below) and they are very well organized. Each juror rated each painting in five different categories on a scale of one to ten. Those ratings will be tallied together by the volunteers.
The show is open now and throughout the month of March. A reception will be held this coming Saturday. Check their web site for more info.

4 comments:

artbyakiko said...

Wow! This is so cool. I would love to do that one day!

Art By Erika said...

Busy woman, were you nice to the the participants? LOL! Of course you were I'm just kidding and I'm also recalling the the angst of submitting to juried shows lol I wish I could be there so I could see if I agree with your choices hahaha Don't you remember how we'd visit a juried exhibit and imagine our works up on the wall instead of some pieces we've deemed not better than ours? hehehe Awwww I miss you :(

Art By Erika said...

You look good bebeh!!!!xox

Hillary Miller said...

Hi Akiko! I'm sure you will one day!

Yes, Erika, how can I forget!!! And I miss you too!!! April can't come soon enough!