First let me say, that I understand it is considered an honor to be tagged. And since I was tagged by my dear friend and mentor, Erika Nelson, as well as my new blogger friend Irit Bourla, I will honor their (dubiously : ) ) kind acknowledgement and play the game. It's definitely not a bad game. It's just that, well, here it is, I hope you can forgive my blatant bigotry: I'm anti-game. Don't get me wrong. Game is fine for some people, just not me. Other people can have their games, as long as they don't expect me to join in that stuff! But since I also live by the "I'll try almost anything once" creedo, I'll go for it today. I'm glad I came clean - now you all know that sending me a game could land it in the "dead zone" (creepy music here, please).
This is a fun way to get to know your blogger friends in art! The rules of this game are:
1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Seven Things about Me:
1. I stopped teaching community college about 5 years ago, so I could paint, paint, paint.
2. I traveled to Iceland this summer. Here's my favorite Photo:
3. I'm a good listener.
4. I've been happily married for 26 years and have two extraordinary teenage boys.
5. I'm new to blogging, just a couple of months. Erika is responsible for bringing me into the 21st century!
6. Everyone covets my dog, Lily. See photo - who can resist?
7. Hey, six isn't bad when you're anti-game
If I've got to suffer, so do you: I am boldly tagging these fine artists, whom I hope will not shun me for putting them in the game (heck, it's hard to tell who's game and who's anti-game these days):
John Singer Sargent